[Avodah] PESACH -- AFTER 400 YEARS GD'S IN A HURRY TO REDEEM US?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Apr 10 02:59:48 PDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 01:28:48PM +1100, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
: We begin the Seder with Matza being a reminder of our suffering -- but we
: conclude it with a new perspective -- Matza reminds us of how quickly Gd
: took us out of Egypt.

Actually, that's the end of Maggid, not the end of the seder.

Later than that in the seder, Hillel reminds us of a third aspect of
matzah -- al matzos umorerim yokhluhu. Not that of slavery, nor of
leaving, but of the midnight in between, and every Pesach thereafter.

There is a fourth aspect: Lechom oni -- she'onim alav devarim
harbei. Rashi takes this idea so seriously that he holds you're not
yotzei the mitzvah with matzah eaten before Maggid. Matzah that didn't
have the haggadah is not lechem oni.

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Gevurah: When does strict
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  judgment bring balance and harmony?