[Avodah] Isru Chag

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sat Apr 7 20:38:51 PDT 2018

The gematria for Isru Chag is 278, the same gematria for l'machar found in Bamidbar, Ch.11, vs.18.
This is in the Sidra, Beha'alotch, where God has Moshe establish a Sanhedrin because Moshe complained that he could not carry on alone.
God says to Moshe: "To the people you shall say, 'Prepare yourselves for tomorrow and you shall eat meat..."

There is an interesting tie here.  The day after a festival is the "morrow" and even though the holiday is over,
we must always be preparing ourselves.  As a matter of fact, in counting the omer, we are preparing ourselves
for mattan Torah in 50 days.