[Avodah] BinFol O'YivCha Al TisMach

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:58:32 PDT 2018

Yeshayahu (15:5) My heart cries out over the destruction of Israels wicked
enemy, Moab.

Rashi understands, the prophet is expressing his own agony  -
The prophets of Israel, unlike the prophets of the world, like Bilaam, seek
to destroy us without provocation.
Our prophets however, mourn for our persecutors when they suffer Divine
punishments.

As stated previously on this forum - we mourn for the loss of 80% of
descendants of YaAkov who perished during the plague of darkness, that is
certainly more of an intense and personal loss than the millions of
Egyptians who perished - but we mourn them all from the perspective of lost
potential, lost opportunity to be loyal to HKBH, and HKBH's failure to
successfully persuade them to open their eyes and do what is right.

That is why we spill wine from the cup we use for Hallel - HKBH's praise is
incomplete, He was not fully successful - the gift He gave humanity, free
choice, can, and was, used against Him. Obviously the cup should not be
topped up. Each plague was a lesson and a plea from HKBH to all who
witnessed these astonishing events - do the right thing, reconise that I am
the King of all kings, The Master of the universe.

Every Yid deserves 600,000 to attend his funeral. The Gemara explains - As
it was given So it is taken away. Every Y, even the most Poshut or
unlearned, is a potential recipient of the entire Torah and we must
visualise their departure as the loss of that tremendous potential.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi

0423 207 837
+61 423 207 837