[Avodah] Kintiyot derivatives

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sun Apr 1 21:12:23 PDT 2018

I was thinking about this. I thought of two exceptions, one that
basically is an exception that proves the rule and the other is a real
exception.

1) Some chocolates state that they are kosher for everyone, but that
they contain lecithin  (leftit). I consider this the exception that
proves the rule because so many poskim consider it to be OK in any case
that stating that a chocolate contain lecithin is basically stating that
it contains a non-kitniyot product.
2) Powered chalav nochri. Labels here are supposed to state that a
product containts powered chalav nochri (if it does). This was the
result of a lawsuit.  I guess that no one wants to start listing every
possible kula that goes into a food product.

OTOH  if meat isn't halaq, labels generally don't state it. They only
state the meat's halaq status if it is halaq.

Ben