[Avodah] Chalav Yisrael: Required or recommended

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jan 25 13:30:41 PST 2018

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 04:08:38PM -0500, Zev Sero wrote:
: The Chasam Sofer says that on the contrary, davka in our
: circumstances Chazal decreed an issur on chaleiv nochri.  The
: Radbaz/Pri Chodosh says this is a myth; there never was any such
: decree.  RMF emphatically holds like the CS.

Yes, but what's the nafqa mina? I STILL don't get what you're driving at.

Once you say that the gezeira is only about requiring knowledge that
it's not a mixture, the gezeira existing or not existing doesn't change
which milk you can drink. Knowledge that it's not a mixture is required
for simple basar bechalav. IOW, what's the lemaaseh difference between
someone following RMF and someone following the PC?

Speaking of which... Anyone know if it's common among Sepharadim to
hold like the Radbaz?