[Avodah] Tefilin On Chol hamoed In Eretz Yisroel (and Flatbush)

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Mar 31 11:38:05 PDT 2018

On 3/30/2018 5:31 PM, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> On the contrary,  I doubt that the Chassidim will ever eat Gebrokts on
> Pesach,  the Sephardim will stop eating kitnyos, and  the
> non-Chassidic world will stop eating Gebrokts on Pesach.

I have quite a few Chareidi Litvak relatives who have adopted Gebrokts.

[Email #2. -micha]

On 3/30/2018 5:31 PM, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> This is changing. From

> One such godol is the Erlau'er Rebbe. You can go in his beis medrash
> and see him with tefillin. He keeps the minhogim of his zeide, the
> Chasam Sofer, to wear tefillin on chol hamoed and daven nusach Ashkenaz.

> There are even some minyonim where people wear tefillin on Chol
> Hamoed, like a Yekkishe minyan in Bnei Brak that I know of.

I would just like to point out that according to this claim (which is
eight years and only the claim of one person who didn't even give his
full name) we are talking about 3, maybe 5 shuls. There are 15,000
Orthodox batei kenesiot in Israel. This is hardly a wave.

Ben