[Avodah] The not-Korban Pesach

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 29 13:40:31 PDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 01:25:43AM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: It has come to me attention recently that the Torah never refers to
: the Pesach as a Korban...
: My question is this: Whatever reason it was, why the Torah avoided
: using that word in this context ... why did Chazal feel differently?

Maybe it is part of a bigger language question. The Torah's "Pesach"
is the 14th of Nissan; the next 7 days is "Chag haMatzos".

Chazal shifted the wording because our name for yamim tovim reflect what
He did for us, whereas the Torah calls it by a name that reflects what
of the YT is about us doing for Him.

And then, when P)esach no longer refers to the time when the qorban
is brought... perhaps that's why they felt it needed more explicit
disambiguation.

Micha Berger             The meaning of life is to find your gift.
micha at aishdas.org        The purpose of life
http://www.aishdas.org   is to give it away.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Pablo Picasso