[Avodah] Tefilin On Chol hamoed In Eretz Yisroel (and Flatbush)

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Thu Mar 29 14:32:39 PDT 2018

At 12:26 PM 3/29/2018, Micha Berger wrote:
>They do it betzin'ah because violating minhag hamaqom is very difficult.

I recall hearing a talk by Rabbi Shlomo Hamburger where he insisted
that there is no minhag ha Makom in EY.  He said within 10 blocks of
here there are many shuls davening many different Nuschos.  Hence
there is no minhag ha Makom in EY.

I add that in EY on Pesach  one has Sephardim eating kitniyos and
rice,  Chassidim not eating Gebrokts, and the non-Chassidic world
eating Gebrokts but not eating kitniyos.  Where is the minhag ha
Makom regarding this?

EY is collage of many different customs of Jews from all over the
world. I think that Rabbi Hamburger is correct when he says there is
no minhag Ha Makom in EY.

Regarding tefillin, the Sephardim and the Talmidim of the GRA did
not  put on  tefillin on Chol Moed before  they came to EY and  so
continued to do this when they came to EY.  I do not understand why
Ashkenazim  who put on tefillin on Chol Moed before they came to EY
stopped doing this when they came to EY.

YL