[Avodah] Chas VeShalom! - Gebrokts is not a Hiddur Mitzvah

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:42:33 PDT 2018

Gebrokts is not a Hiddur Mitzvah

It does not require revocation as if it were a vow or anything like a vow

As Rav Moshe wrote - those who practised not eating Gebrokts may choose to
eat Gebrokts without compunction if they feel so inclined.

It is a practise that has no foundation in Halacha

Although many deem it to be a tradition that has as much authority as a
Halacha LeMoshe MiSinai - this is a Grobbe TaUs, I do not publicly call it
a joke because that may offend some who believe that it is or V likely is a
HLMiSInai, and we certainly must not possibly offend anyone defending
practices that have no foundation to day in Halacha but are embraced with
all the fervour that ought to be dedicated to Loving HaShem.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi

0423 207 837
+61 423 207 837