[Avodah] No more (Not eating) Gebrokts

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Mon Mar 26 13:11:07 PDT 2018

AFAIK that teqes doesn't help for family-made inherited minhagim. If it
did then we all could decide if we want to continue saying Kabbalat
Shabbat every year.  Or - we could all dump the minhag of not eating
kitniyot.

OTOH if the person who refrained from eating gebrokts does believe that
it is a din, he doesn't need a heter.

But in any case, consultation with a rav who is competent in these
matters is a good idea.