[Avodah] When should I prepare the salt water for the Seder?

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 23 11:32:38 PDT 2018

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:
> Importantly, the SA says the reason is that it's too much like ibud.
> Also, if the only melakhah were hakhanah, there would be no problem
> making salt water for the seider bein hashemashos. BhS, hakhanah for a
> mitzvah is allowed. It's dami le'ibud that creates the whoile issue.

Right.  I didn't mention ibud, but that's correct.

But you bring up an important point that's very relevant to our wives (or
whoever is setting up the table particularly for the second seder): that
hachana for a mitzvah is allowed during bein hashmoshes.

(Actually: must it be for a mitzvah?  Irrelevant in this case, but just
curious).