[Avodah] Underlying Truth of the Realm Holiness in Israel

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 16 03:44:04 PDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:16:10PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: R' Micha Berger wrote:
: > Addressing the first clause, the Meshekh Chokhmah repeatedly
: > explains that qedushah of an item or location is never inherent;
: > it is always the consequence of a person embuing it.
: I can think of a couple of challenges to this idea. The most obvious
: one would be Shabbos.

Or, that his logic has to do with items and locations, not time.

Har Sinai was qadosh during the time of ma'amad Har Sinai, because
of being in the midst of hosting the event itself. RMShKmD's point is
that it didn't as an object/location become qadosh to retain that
qedushah afterward.

Shabbos also hosts an event, or at least is an opportunity to do
so.

What I would like to see is how the Or Samayeiach, the author's halachic
work, deals with discussion of Yom Kipput and itzumo shel yom mechaperes.
There the "or at least is an opportunity to do so" is open to question.
Pashut peshat is that the day itself had power. (Unlike what he says
even the miqdash.)

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Friendship is like stone. A stone has no value,
micha at aishdas.org        but by rubbing one stone against another,
http://www.aishdas.org   sparks of fire emerge.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  - Rav Mordechai of Lechovitz