[Avodah] taamei halacha?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Mar 15 12:52:45 PDT 2018

On 15/03/18 13:32, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> If you look at tetradrachm coins restamped by Bar Kokhva's followers,
> you will find the reverse has one esrog, one lulav, one hadas, one
> arava. I have mentioned this before -- this is shitas R' Aqiva. And
> so finding it on BK coinage captures my fancy.

And as I've replied before, to your eyes it looks like one of each, with
a basket holder. To my eyes it looks like two aravos surrounded by a
large number of hadassim, tied together with two thin bindings.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 2018 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper