[Avodah] Last night's reading

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Wed Feb 28 20:58:13 PST 2018

Interesting Megillah reading. I ended up going to a Yemenite beit
knesset and they did things a bit differently.
1) They served refreshments right after Maariv and before the megillah
reading.
2) The men and women's sections are separated by a short wall and a
curtain on top of the wall. During the reading, the curtain was open,
something which isn't done during regular tefilla.
3) What they said before and after the megillah reading wasn't what is
said in an Ashkenazi shul (I have no idea what they said).
4) The person reading the megillah used a microphone. After coming home,
I double checked Rav Moshe and Rav Melamed and both of them totally
oppose using a microphone. (I ended up going to another reading later
that evening. )
5) Unlike the Yeminite place that I got to know in Efrat, at this beit
knesset they make noise when Haman's name comes up.