[Avodah] mixing nusach hatfila

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Sat Feb 10 22:46:11 PST 2018

> As it turns out (and I would not have known this without the Yad
> Moshe), there *is* a teshuva which speaks directly about minyanim of
> mixed nusach. Igros Moshe, Orach Chayim vol 5 Siman 37, is a
> collection of several teshuvos addressed to Rav Moshe's grandson, Rav
> Mordechai Tendler. It is dated 17 Marcheshvan 5781 (autumn 1980). The
> fifth of those teshuvos

> "So, there are two places before you to go to daven. One is many shuls
> [all together] in a large building, where there is no established
> Nusach Tefila. Rather, whoever goes up to the amud, davens in the
> nusach he is used to, and all the daveners act as they want, each one
> according to his habit. The second [place] is an established shul,
> where they daven in the nusach of the chassidim from Poland and
> Hungary, but all of them the same. It is pashut, in my opinion, that
> the small differences which exist between the nuschaos, are not
> considered anything in halacha [lo nechshavin l'dina klum], and one
> can daven in the first tzibur, and it does not constitute Lo
> Tisgod'du, because everyone knows [yadua l'kol] that there's no
> halachic distinction in them. And especially, because everything, each
> individual doesn't raise his voice so much that others would know what
> he's davening, and the Shmoneh Esreh is said silently. The words of
> Kedusha, that this one says Nekadesh and that one says Nakdishach,
> since there's no real need for the congregation to say this at all, as
> found at the beginning of Siman 125, there's definitely no Lo
> Tisgod'du, nor any fear of machlokes, even though it would certainly
> be best to use the wording that the Shliach Tzibur is saying.
> Therefore, there is no difference, in my opinion. (And see what was
> written in Igros Moshe Orach Chayim volume 2 Siman 24, beginning "Umah
> Shehatefilin", and Siman 104, that in a place that does have an
> established nusach, one has to say whatever is said out loud in the
> nusach of the congregation.)"

Thank you for the citation. Does sound like r Moshe is discussing a bdieved Case and that he was not asked how such a group should  be set but rather what to do in case these are the rules the  group has accepted upon itself. Is it assumed that there was some rabbinic advice already asked by the group in advance

In any event it is a quite obvious difference in the Mourners kaddish and when one group says 13 midot out loud.

I wonder what the response would be with the fact pattern

Kt
Joel rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.