[Avodah] mixing nusach hatfila

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Feb 8 03:16:44 PST 2018

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 03:04:20AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
:                                              Is anyone aware of halachic
: sources that deal with the question of mixed nusach?

The problem is that until recently, and particularly in Israel, the
context was where a shul with no consistent nusach would cause fighting
and the whole agudos-agudos issue meant requiring a single nusach as
the shul's minhag hamaqom. This social setting in which democratizing
the minyan's nusach adds to the unity is new. (And not true here in
the US.) So, I would look among recent and contemporary Israeli posqim,
not expecting to find it addressed elsewhere.

And it seems even in Israel, it doesn't always increase unity, as
is evienced by:
:                                                               At mincha,
: the shatz was ashkenaz but said the 13 middot! I asked him afterwards
: and he told me this was the shul, minhag due to shalom bayit.

Micha Berger             If a person does not recognize one's own worth,
micha at aishdas.org        how can he appreciate the worth of another?
http://www.aishdas.org             - Rabbi Yaakov Yosef of Polnoye,
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  author of Toldos Yaakov Yosef