[Avodah] Shehcheyanu (Purim torah)

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Feb 5 15:21:48 PST 2018

Apropos of our recent discussion of shehecheyanu, last week at the
grocery store I saw the first homentashen of the season, and wondered
out loud whether one should say shehecheyanu at the sight.  Of course
the answer I expected, if any, was that in principle one should, but it
will be included in the shehecheyanu we'll say on the megillah.  However
someone standing by came up with a better answer: as the label proudly
proclaims, the homentashen are yoshon, and therefore not shehecheyanu :-)

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 2018 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper