[Avodah] Are Cow & Donkey milk Min BeMino [never Battel]

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Feb 4 17:19:40 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 12:25:26PM +1100, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
: However, when it is added to cows milk it is not discover-able. The Kashrus
: concern is that it might be in proportions greater than 60. However, ought
: it not be Min BeMino which is never Battel?

Why would the milk of two different minim be min bemino?

: Similarly, why is the milk [and the cheeses made from such milk] from a
: herd of cows that will undoubtedly have a couple of Tereifah cows Kosher -
: is it not Min BeMino?

The safeiq is on each cow -- this is rov in the sense of kol deparish,
before there is a taaroves.

Chozer veni'ur undoes bitul, when you add more of something that was
mevutal. I don't think there is an equivalent when you use rov to ignore
the possibility that any issur ever was added to begin with.

Micha Berger             "Someday I will do it." - is self-deceptive.
micha at aishdas.org        "I want to do it." - is weak.
http://www.aishdas.org   "I am doing it." - that is the right way.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   - Reb Menachem Mendel of Kotzk