[Avodah] Segulos (was Parashas Ha'mon - A Segulah for Paranassah!)

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sun Jan 28 11:17:22 PST 2018

On 1/28/2018 8:14 PM, Prof. Levine wrote:
> Don't rabbonim who paskin shailos decide for others "what they should
> or should not do"?

> Is Yahadus in your opinion something like a Chinese menu in which you
> pick and choose what you will have?

The MO, the DL, the Chardal, the Litvak, the Sefardi, and the Chassidic
communities all have great rabbanim. People consult with their rabbis
about their choices and questions (or not). The Yekke community in New
York doesn't have a monopoly on rabbanim. Frankly, I don't understand
the question.

Ben