[Avodah] Coercion to give Tzedakah as Opposed to Coercion to Sell

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 18:36:38 PST 2018

It is generally agreed [without Halachic Talmudic proof] that he who forces
another to give Tzedakah is the major recipient of the Sechar of this
Mitzvah - Gadol HaMeAsseh Yoser Min HoOiseh

So when HKBH twisted Pharohs arm and had him in a choke-hold and THAT was
why he let the Y free, we have a problem, why is this attributed to Pharoh
when in fact it was HKBH who arranged this?

However, Halacha does recognise that if one is coerced to sell [for a fair
price] the sale is legitimate and binding.

Why do we feel differently about Tzedakah than we know the Halacha
prescribes about a forced sale?

Best,

Meir G. Rabi

0423 207 837