[Avodah] Rav Breuer' Position on Chalav Yisroel

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Jan 24 14:17:25 PST 2018

On 24/01/18 17:01, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:

> But to close with the post's intended point: The Rama says that chalav
> aku"m cheese is only kosher bedi'eved. Which explains common practice
> among (Ashkenazi, I don't know Sephadari norms) CY consumers to look
> for CY cheese.

AIUI if we know the milk was produced for cheese-making then it's mutar
lechatchila for a Yisrael to make cheese with it.  (Or, according to the
Rama, for a nochri to make cheese with it under a Yisrael's supervision,
but the general psak today is not like the Rama.)

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 2018 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper