[Avodah] New Cancer Treatment

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jan 22 10:21:00 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 09:58:08AM -0800, Marty Bluke wrote:
: On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:
:>: If we apply these 2 opinions to IVF, according to the first answer since
:>: kiddushin are not tofsin (since she is married) the child would be a mamzer
:>: even though there was no bias issur....

:> Can we extrapolate from "no bi'as issur" to no bi'ah?

: RHS does in that article.

That answer would be fine lehalakhah, but not really for a discussion
forum. So, let me rephase:

    How does RHS reason it is valid to extrapolate from "no bi'as issur"
    to no bi'ah?

Either way, I really replied to get opinions on the chiddush that the two
shitos in Tosados were discussing whether Chakhamim limited mamzeirus to
relations that are an issur kareis (other than nidah), or whether they
limited it to relations between people for whom qedushin would not be
tofesin -- which for Jews means the relations would be an issur qareis
(same exception).

Micha Berger             Friendship is like stone. A stone has no value,
micha at aishdas.org        but by rubbing one stone against another,
http://www.aishdas.org   sparks of fire emerge.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  - Rav Mordechai of Lechovitz