[Avodah] Chalav Yisrael: Required or Recommended?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jan 22 09:02:41 PST 2018

There is nothing in your self quote that shows that KAJ held that CY
was iqar hadin. And if you ask anyone from that community, there is no
norm of treating it as such.

If R' Breuer wanted it to be available, it was for people like himself
who were machmirim. Not because he held that CY was mandatory in the
American metzi'us. Or else his community would have been keeping CY
before their grandchildren sold out to yeshivishness.

Repeating the story again doesn't change the substance of my argument.

Micha Berger             "I hear, then I forget; I see, then I remember;
micha at aishdas.org        I do, then I understand." - Confucius
http://www.aishdas.org   "Hearing doesn't compare to seeing." - Mechilta
Fax: (270) 514-1507      "We will do and we will listen." - Israelites