[Avodah] Kever Avos

David Havin djhavin at djhavin.com
Sat Jan 20 15:27:57 PST 2018

I want to know the parameters of *kever avos*. Is it satisfied by burial:

   - Only immediately adjacent to parents;
   - Nearby parents but with intervening plots;
   - Merely in the same cemetery.

Rav Elyashiv in *Sefer Tziyunei Halachah*, *Hilchot Aveilut* (Ben Tzion
Ha-Kohen Kook, 5776, *Machon Tziyunei Halachah*) pp 116 especially footnote
5 and 118 appears to require burial immediately adjacent to parents.

Is anyone aware of differing opinions in the responsa literature? To my
surprise, I could not find anything in the index to *Igros Moshe*.

David Havin