[Avodah] Are Vegan Restaurants Kosher?

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Jan 13 09:05:26 PST 2018

Frankly I don't understand the question. One of the main reasons we
demand hasgacha on a meat restaurant is because we don't believe the
owner's word when he says "Don't worry, all the ingredients are Badatz".
The same would apply with a vegan place. Maybe he fries up his french
fries in lard. Maybe the sauce has butter in it. Maybe he bought lettuce
directly from the secular kibbutz.

Ben

On 1/12/2018 12:32 PM, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
 > One might think that if a restaurant is vegan,  then there are no
kashrus problems with eating at it.  However, as the article from the COR at