[Avodah] Napoleon

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jan 11 15:40:58 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 10:29:01AM -0500, David Riceman via Avodah wrote:
: Tanya... Last night we looked at chapters 10-12.
:
: Here are two claims I think he made:
:
:  1: There is a large group of people who never do anything wrong by
:  commission or omission, and a smaller group who never desire to do
:  anything wrong.
: (a) I know of no precedents for these opinions (see Koheles 7:20,
: Mishlei 24:16)

A related problem: Does anyone else define the first group "beinonim"
and the latter group "tzadiqim"? The terms seem redefined, so that
the sources later quoted and interpreted according to these terms
are transvalued into saying things the author didn't intend. (Don't
shoot me, I said "seems" -- just how the text reads to this naive
reader.)

Micha Berger             Life isn't about finding yourself
micha at aishdas.org        Life is about creating yourself.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Bernard Shaw
Fax: (270) 514-1507