[Avodah] Brisker Methodology

Simon Montagu simon.montagu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:28:25 PST 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:16 PM, Rich, Joel via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> I’d welcome some feedback on some Brisker methodology thoughts. Brisker
> dialectics sometimes seem like Newtonian physics(more Boolean in
> nature-there are 2 dinim or two explanations and it’s 100% one or the
> other), which explains a lot, but not all, the data. I wonder if a more
> quantum mechanics, less Boolean approach might explain more (but be much
> more difficult to prove).

I was going to suggest that "fuzzy logic" might be a more fruitful
direction to take this idea than "quantum mechanics". Then I tried googling
and came up with this:
https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-States-Talmudic-Reasoning-Hebrew/dp/1848901828
.
Unfortunately there is no preview.