[Avodah] Historicity of Aggadta

H Lampel zvilampel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:41:54 PST 2017

On 12/25/2017 8:21 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> ...But he doesn't ever say that if the story is plausible, that's the point
> of the story. Nor that it's sufficient reason to assume it's true on a
> literal level.
The historical mentions the Rambam's makes, treating the plausible
Midrashim as history without making any qualifications, indicates otherwise.

But specifically on the topic this discussion came from now: Regarding
the Midrashic reports that Adam and the Avos spoke Ivris/Lashon
Hakadosh, which I assume you agree the Kuzari accepts as historical fact
(which of course teaches in its historicity an important thing to
know)... Is your default position that the Rambam doesn't care whether
it's historically so?

Zvi Lampel