[Avodah] Purpose of distant galaxies?

hankman hankman at bell.net
Mon Dec 11 06:11:22 PST 2017

I have just been watching a show on Discovery Science about a lay version of quantum mechanics. At one point the moderator was talking about the notion of entanglement and explained  how in theory this involves the connection of entangled particles over any distance instantaneously. He then continued to say that given the big bang theory, all of existence was at a single point and then expanded (inflated) from then to the great distances, billions of light years, we witness today. But at the initial moment after the singularity, all the particles of the universe were close enough to possibly become entangled with some other, but then after the expansion, the partner entangled particle might have ended up in some distant far removed  galaxy and but  thereby still be related to its entangled partner particle perhaps now in our body here on Earth.

I then thought back to some of the earlier discussions here on Avodah about the purpose of these distant galaxies that could never affect us here on Earth and that we did not even know existed until recently. Perhaps this possibility of entanglement with distant particles of those galaxies from the time of creation may provide some logic to the purpose of the existence of those distant galaxies?

Happy Chanukah veKol tuv

Chaim Manaster