[Avodah] SEDRA VAYEISHEV – TIME TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:07:12 PST 2017

When the little kid threatens a bouncer – we all laugh. It is funny
precisely because it is so silly and impossible.

DJT, a buffoon, a bumbling, blithering bad-boy, could not possibly win the
presidency.  It was the standing joke that never grew stale – until he
became POTUS.

Our Sages say, we are truly unmasked by Kiso Koso & KaAso – by what we’re
like when feeling liberated:
# deciding how to use our valuables i.e. by what we consider to be important
# intoxicated [not necessarily by alcohol]
# we are agitated i.e. by what presses our buttons.

Yosef tells his brothers about his dream – expecting them to laugh it off
and he gives them a second chance after they’ve had an opportunity to
reconsider their response.

When we get offended and mock – it’s time to look in the mirror.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi

0423 207 837
+61 423 207 837