[Avodah] T'hay

Lisa Liel lisa at starways.net
Mon Nov 20 04:02:11 PST 2017

I'm not sure.  We have "yehei ra'ava kadamach" in Brich Shmei d'Marei
Alma, which is definitely Aramaic.  The yehei is the same as tehei.

I think what's happening here is that there's a certain amount of
bleed-over between Hebrew and Aramaic.  In addition, there were
different dialects of Aramaic in Eretz Yisrael and Bavel.  So while
tehevei may be the correct Aramaic, tehei may be as well.

Lisa