[Avodah] Avraham A Cooked, Angels Ate - Bassar BeChalav

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at mail.gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 05:45:14 PDT 2017

 1] no one disputes that the Meshech Chochmah says what he says

2] there are many explanations to resolve the meat and milk issue, we are
not disputing them, just explaining one of them

3] there is [surprisingly] no Issur of Maris Ayin preventing cooking some
iterations of BP meat with milk - the proof is from this episode as
presented by this Medrash and explained by the MChochma.

4] The decree that after the BP has stood up, Hifris AGKarka, it requires
Shechitah [and presumably is also Assur to cook with milk] does not apply
to a BP that is found as a non fully gestated, Lo KaLu Lo Chadashav.

5] Avraham did not Shecht it - on the contrary he directed Yishmael to
prepare it - Furthermore, because it was a BP it did not require Shechita
which is why he could direct Yishmael to kill it, and there was also no
problem of Bassar SheNisAlem Min HaAyin.

6] Indeed, even had the angels eaten plain meat Shechted by AAvinu, there
would have been adequate proof that they accepted his status of Kedushas
Yisrael, it just so happened that AAvinu wanted to serve his visitors a
delicacy, Beef Stroganoff.

7] I really do not know why I assumed it was a goat