[Avodah] offering a higher salary

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sun Oct 29 22:34:43 PDT 2017

After look a bit, I saw that the Aruch HaShulchan CM 237:3 paskens that
this law only applies to a poor person. A poor person who finds
something that he needs, you can't come along and offer more money for
it. But if a rich person finds something that he wants (or employs
someone) and this item is available, then the prohibition doesn't apply.

It would seem that anyone who can hire a maid does not qualify as poor
and I am willing to bet that there is a good supply of people willing to
work.

Ben