[Avodah] Psak source wanted

Motti Yarchinai motti.yarchinai at mail.yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 25 12:39:33 PDT 2017

Dear Micha and Avodah members,
Thank you Micha for your reply and your attempts to locate a source.

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 08:00:51AM +0000, Motti Yarchinai via Avodah wrote:
> Can anyone help me with a source for this psak: It is similar to what
> the Rambam wrote...
> Another posek writes something similar but couched in even more dramatic
> terms. The following is not a verbatim quote (since the original is in
> Hebrew) but something very close to it:
>     "And even if the residents of eretz yisrael are all ignoramuses
>     and peasants, and the authorities of chutz la'aretz are great
>     scholars and knowledgable in Torah and halachah, in calendric
>     matters we follow the peasants and ignoramuses, not the scholars
>     of chutz la'aretz."

Micha replied:
> Did you ever find a source? Google, Bar Ilan and I didn't turn
> anything up....

No, I have not found it yet, but my memory of it is that I saw it in
print, and, to my annoyance, I can't find the sefer, but it is bound
to turn up sooner or later. When it does, I will repost with the source
and quote. Meanwhile, if someone recognises it, please do let me know.

Motti