[Avodah] offering a higher salary

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Wed Oct 25 10:48:54 PDT 2017

I've seen posts claiming that it is forbidden to offer cleaners a higher
salary to work for you. While I can understand that it makes sense to
say that no one can break a specific agreement for a specific day of
work, why should it be forbidden to offer a higher salary to someone who
has a long term agreement?  A, this is the common practice in the high
tech world and I have never heard anyone say "Assur". It would seem that
there is general agreement that this halacha simply doesn't apply today.

Second, how can anyone be meshuabad in such a way to one person? Does a
person wanting a higher salary have to simply quit without any idea
about having another job?

Ben