[Avodah] going to the amud

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 18:59:58 PDT 2017

In Avodah V35n119, RJR wrote:
> I also wonder about why the practice of sending youngsters up developed
given the S”A’s psak concerning the priorities for a chazzan. <
(RJR made other points that listmembers have responded to; I thought this
point, for which the latest digest listed no response, was worthy of a
response.)
In many *shuls*, much less *minyanim*, so perhaps in the noted "chareidi
shul in RBS", those "priorities" (married, beard, age, etc.) are seemingly
(except for the Yamim Noraim) secondary to the hierarchy of "*chiyuvim*"...but
one "priority", being "*m'rutzah laqahal*", might be upheld when
appointing/allowing a young adult to lead the *tzibbur*....

*Gut Moeid*/*Mo'adim l'Simcha!*
and all the best from
*Michael Poppers* * Elizabeth, NJ, USA