[Avodah] Writing on Yom Tov

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Oct 1 11:10:33 PDT 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 10:18:58PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: So... back to my question: To whatever extent "writing" in the "Book of
: Life" is a melacha, should it matter whether it is Shabbos or Yom Tov?

Before we take the Barditcher Rebbe's words too literally, let us
remember that wind routinely blows things to roll more than 4 amos
on a reshus harabbim, lightning ignites trees on Shabbos, people die
on Shabbos, etc...

IOW, first explain to me what a claim that the RBSO avoids melakhos
means altogether in light of the evidence, and then perhaps I could
participate in your intended conversation.

Micha Berger             One who kills his inclination is as though he
micha at aishdas.org        brought an offering. But to bring an offering,
http://www.aishdas.org   you must know where to slaughter and what
Fax: (270) 514-1507      parts to offer.        - R' Simcha Zissel Ziv