[Avodah] R. Akiva, Bar Kochba and Zecharya HaNovi

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Oct 18 14:25:50 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 11:12:50AM -0400, hankman via Avodah wrote:
: R. Micha Berger wrote:
:> This doesn't really rule out miracles, but it does rule out ones that
:> leave a permanent change in the natural order. There is a line. Which is
:> how he rules out the historicity of "vegar ze'eiv im keves..." etc...
: Kodem cheit Adam haReshon, not just Adam was only permitted to eat plant
: life but so too was the nature of ALL animals that they too only subsisted
: from plant life -- ie., much like "vegar ze'eiv im keves..."

I doubt the Rambam, the "he" I am trying to understand in the text
you quoted, would agree with this premise about animals before the
eitz hada'as.