[Avodah] Not hadar is pasul

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sat Sep 30 19:22:16 PDT 2017

On 29/09/17 08:14, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
> A halacha guide book that I got (Mikrei Qodesh) states that if the 4
> minim are not hadar, that is a pasul for Ashkenazim the entire week of
> Succot (only the first day for Sefardim).
>
> What is the source for this halacha? (The book gives references to
> another book which I don't own).

Shulchan aruch OC 649.  See aruch Hashulchan se'if 15-16, that it's a
machlokes of Rambam v Raavad, Tosfos, and Rosh, and the BY paskens like
the Rambam.

Hadar means things such as the top of each kind being intact, the
lulav's leaves not being spread out like a broom, the hadas not being
covered in more red berries than leaves, etc.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all