[Avodah] Trashing Kapporos - Kapporah Gain, or Kapporah Deficit?

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Sep 30 13:35:00 PDT 2017

If I can mix actuality with the idea below:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/236149

What is the story a scandal? If the minhag has nothing to do with
tzedaka, why the need to redo it? OK, I understand that it isn't nice or
honest that someone made a buck with these chickens but why should that
affect the people who did kaparot? Given that this scandal happened in
Chabad communities, it only emphasizes the question.

Ben