[Avodah] Kiddush Levana on Motzai Tisha B’av

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Sep 26 03:39:33 PDT 2017

On 26/09/17 01:34, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
> If the reason is z'rizin is the reason, than why not do it on the 4th of
> Av? Why let the aveilut override the tefila? (similar to saying a
> shechiyanu on new fruit during sefirat ha-omer; don't wait until Shabbat).

Not everyone does that, in fact some don't even say it on Shabbat, and
wait until Shavuot.  So zrizin doesn't necessarily override avelut.
Also many don't do kidush levana until after 7 days from the molad, by
which time we're into the deeper avelut.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all