[Avodah] Kiddush Levana on Motzai Tisha Bג€™av

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Sep 25 12:02:53 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 06:19:27PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: I'm not aware of any advantage in saying Kiddush Levana with a minyan,
: as compared to without a minyan...

We make a point of demonstrating communal unity in the middle. "Shalom
Aleikhem!" Not speaking halachically, as you aren't obligated to greet 9
men, or even really greet anyone. But still... Aside from Zev's example
of getting one more qaddish, which is a nice but incidental advantage,
it seems to me that QL itself leans toward being a tzibur thing.

GCT!