[Avodah] The Nature of Godlessness

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Sep 7 14:24:48 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 06:43:26AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
: Rabbi Aryeh Klapper- Can Unethical People Be Holy?
: http://library.yctorah.org/wp-content/audio/yi2016CanUnethicalPeopleBeHoly.mp3

Quoting R Shimon Shkop's haqdamah, my translation:
    All of our work and effort should constantly be sanctified to doing
    good for the community. We should not use any act, movement, or get
    benefit or enjoyment that doesn't have in it some element of helping
    another. And as understood, all holiness is being set apart for an
    honorable purpose, which is that a person straightens his path and
    strives constantly to make his lifestyle dedicated to the community.
    Then, anything he does even for himself, for the health of his body
    and soul he also associates to the mitzvah of being holy, for through
    this he can also do good for the masses. Through the good he does
    for himself he can do good for the many who rely on him.

Micha Berger             Take time,
micha at aishdas.org        be exact,
http://www.aishdas.org   unclutter the mind.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm