[Avodah] Kuf-resh-aleph versus kuf-resh-heh

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 16 10:41:45 PDT 2017

On 16/08/17 07:45, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> If it is kuf resh aleph, then why is it that I can't find anyone (Jewish
> or not) who translates it as "if they proclaim war"?

I don't think "proclaiming war" is something that can even happen in
Hebrew.  One can call *for* war, but the lamed is necessary.  I can't
think of any direct examples right now, but consider the parallel
"vekarasa eleha leshalom".   On the other hand we do have "ukrasem deror".

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all