[Avodah] Tisha B'Av, Greetings - Mazel Tov on Tisha B'Av

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 31 20:01:50 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 02:14:58PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: The last Tishah BeAv?!  Perhaps you meant to write the last time
: that day is a fast rather than a yomtov...

That was obviously my intent.

HOWEVER...

We call the month Av as a zikaron of Galus Bavel and the subsequent
ge'ulah.

So, MAYBE when this date becomes a holiday, we'll be calling it
Tish'ah beYuli or Tish'ah beOgust. After all, a commemoration of
the ge'ulah after Galus Edom would be far more compelling.

(I mentioned this to someone after Maariv, and he suggested that since
neither July or August line up with our months that well, maybe it'll
be Tish'ah beLeo. I don't think it has the same commemorative quality.)

Micha Berger             Zion will be redeemed through justice,
micha at aishdas.org        and her returnees, through righteousness.
http://www.aishdas.org
Fax: (270) 514-1507