[Avodah] Book review: Alternative Medicine in Halachah

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jul 28 10:19:38 PDT 2017

The following statement was made , "The rabbis of the Talmud certainly didn't use a chi-squared test or regression and correlation analysis as we know it, they did operate with sophisticated levels of statistical analysis, the best of what was known to them in their time."
==============================
I'd appreciate specific examples
==============================
Joel – I was basing it off examples by Rabbi Nahum Eliezer Rabinovitch, Rosh Yeshiva of Birkat Moshe in Ma'ale Adumim in his book: Probability and Statistical Inference in Ancient and Mediaeval Jewish Literature.

https://www.amazon.com/Probability-Statistical-Inference-Mediaeval-Literature/dp/0802018629

=====================
I finally tracked down a copy of the book and read through it-I’d simply say that one must underline heavily the statement “the best of what was known to them in their time”
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.