[Avodah] Correcting Baalei Kriah

Moshe Yehuda Gluck via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jul 9 19:36:09 PDT 2017

R' Joel Rich:

Does your shul have formal guidelines for correcting baalei kriah?  If yes,
are they from a prior source? Are they consistently applied at all minyanim?
By whom?

----------------

My shul does not, except that the previous (now deceased Rav) was very
against it, quoting the Tur about embarrassing the Baal Korei.

That said, let me add to R' JR's questions: Does your shul have any
guidelines for correcting the Korei of the Haftorah? A Rav once pointed out
to me that there is no mekor for correcting the one leining the haftorah; in
his shul, he did not correct on the Haftorah, even the kind of mistake that
he would have corrected during the Krias Hatorah. Does anyone have any
thoughts on this?

KT,
MYG