[Avodah] Treaty with India

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Jul 8 19:50:16 PDT 2017

On 08/07/17 17:24, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
> Assume for a moment that Hinduism is a full fledged religion of idol
> worship. Would there be any halachic issues with a treaty/treaties
> between Israel and India?

I don't see why.  There were treaties between our ancient kings and
foreign rulers, pretty much all of whom served AZ.  And of course
there's the treaty between Yaacov & Lavan, which was explicitly backed
by each party's deity/ies.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all