[Avodah] Tisha B'Av, Greetings - Mazel Tov on Tisha B'Av

Ilana Elzufon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 1 12:34:10 PDT 2017

There's a sweet teenager on our block with a significant developmental
disability. He always greets me with an enthusiastic hello and a smile when
I encounter him and is clearly pleased when I respond. This afternoon he
greeted me as usual, and (without having much time to think about it) I
greeted him back. I am not sure how much he understands about Tisha B'Av,
but he does understand how people respond to him and I didn't want to risk
hurting his feelings.

Kol tuv,
Ilana