[Avodah] [Areivim] L'sheim shmayim

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Jun 3 22:51:13 PDT 2017

My intent, or my desire, is to reduce the number of issues on which we
decide to break Torah community into even more pieces.  If these issues
are meta halachic, or have a bad feeling, then let's take the argument
between the RWMO and LWMO down a notch or two. Let's lower the tones.

For decades, the DL community has said to the Chareidi community that
the latter can't cut out the former because of issues like Zionism or
secular learning, issues which many in the Chareidi community consider
to be kefira. If so, than kal v'chomer many of the issues dividing some
of American Orthodox communities. There are some real issues, no doubt
about it. But I don't see the point in getting hung up on multiple
non-issues.

Ben